Our body has the ability to heal skin injuries by itself. Surgical and chronic wounds are often not only painful for the affected person, they often take longer times to heal. MicroSilver BG™ can help to reduce the risk of bacterial infections and accelerate wound closure.
|Wound type||Worldwide occurrence (millions)||Healing time (days)|
|Wounds due to injuries||50||28|
|Burn wounds (outpatient treatment)||3.5||21|
|Burn wounds (medicated)||6.2||21|
|Burn wounds (inpatient treatment)||0.2||50|
|Severe skin cancer||0.1||28|
Source: MedMarket Diligence Report #S247
Diabetic skin and foot care
MicroSilver BG™ supports the natural skin barrier, protects the skin and helps to reduce the risk of infections caused by microorganisms on the skin.
How MicroSilver BG ™ supports diabetic foot care
Initial effects in diabetes as well as complications of diabetes such as foot and nail fungus, calluses, cracked and dry skin, corns and blisters can be effectively and sustainably nourished with products containing MicroSilver BG™. MicroSilver BG™ remains on the surface of the skin and is particularly suitable for the daily care of diabetic foot.
Benefits for wound care
- Bio-Gate’s antimicrobial products improve and complement hygiene, thereby reducing the risk of infections linked to the use of medical devices.
- Our technology helps to reduce risks, promote an improved healing environment and ensure higher treatment success.
- Our HyProtectTM and MicroSilver BGTM technologies combat antibiotic-resistant germs.
- Antimicrobial products can contribute to cost savings in healthcare.
- Antimicrobial properties boost the value of medical devices.
- Employing antimicrobial products can also help you stand out from the competition.